Joe bought a pair of tickets to watch The Billionaire.
This movie is based on true story of Top Ittipat.
A successful boss of Tao Kae Noi, the seaweed which cost about $3 now.
When he is:
- 16 years old, he indulged in online games and earn real money by selling virtual game items.
- 17 years old, failed exams, dropped out of school, decided to go for chestnut business with the name of "Tao Kae Noi".
- 18 years old, his dad is in a 40 million baht debt.
- 19 years old, invest money to purchase seaweeds to fry but failed in taste, almost gave up but a last packet of seaweed soiled with rainwater made taste better. Seized opportunity to collaborate with 7-Eleven to sell "Tao Kae Noi" seaweed. Opened "Tao Kae Noi" factory and "Tao Kae Noi" seaweeds are sold in more than 3000 7-Eleven in Thailand, estimated 72000 packets of seaweed.
- Within 2 years, he paid off debt of 40 million baht.
Top Ittipat is now 26 years old, earning 800 million baht every year.
Inspirational? I'm like.. turning 22 this year and still got nothing. :(
Joe bought 2 packets and we finished one during the movie.
My favourite part with his very supportive uncle.
"Come come! Chestnuts from Chinatown. Come come." *with a bit of slow and out of pitch*
Very poor thing for his old uncle to work for him.
But I feel that the old uncle already treats Top like his own grandson.
I like this movie a lot. Another inspirational movie of a young and successful entrepreneur just like Mark Zuckerberg or the movie, The Social Network. But a not-so-boring-one. :)
I rate: 4.5 / 5 stars
Entertainment level: 5 stars
I like how they made the funny part so creative and we cant stop laughing.
Highly recommended if you need a little motivation or inspiration or planning to go into business industry or setting up a business! Definitely a good watch!